Cockroach Exterminator in Chapel Hill, NC
Finding a cockroach on your property can be an extremely unpleasant experience. By the time you find a few cockroaches in your home, chances are there are many more nearby! At Scott’s Turf and Pest Services, our professional cockroach exterminators in Chapel Hill will handle your infestation problem and ensure you aren’t inconvenienced again in the future. Contact us today to schedule your appointment with us.
What We Do As Your Cockroach Exterminator
At Scott’s Turf & Pest Services we operate on three basic principles as your cockroach exterminator.
1. Prevention: We make sure you know that we are taking measures to control the pests from the outside so that you do not have pests on the inside of your home.
2. Kill: In spite of how many there are in number, we use granules, spray, and aerosol to eradicate the pests before they invade your home.
3. Control: By performing routine quarterly pest control services in and around your home helps to maintain control of the insect populations trying to make their home on your property.
What Causes a Cockroach Infestation?
Cockroaches are attracted to moisture and sources of food. This causes them to infest even the cleanest of houses. Whether it’s those few extra scraps left on the table or that leaky pipe in the basement, anything could be the cause of cockroaches invading your home. While you can make an effort to keep your house spotless clean, sometimes it’s not your fault if you see a cockroach scurrying around. No need to worry, that’s what a cockroach exterminator is for!
Are Cockroaches Dangerous?
While a cockroach is not a serious threat, there are several risks to having cockroaches inhabiting the space you live. Cockroaches are known to inhabit spaces such as drains, sewers, and bathrooms. They could be a carrier of pathogens and viruses that could seriously harm your health. Having them around your living quarters, especially in the vicinity of your food, poses health concerns.
Can I Get Rid of Cockroaches on My Own?
While you can attempt to kill cockroaches on your own, it is generally recommended to seek professional help. Cockroaches multiply rapidly. Even if you are to kill one or two, unbeknownst to you, there could be several others growing in your house. It is better to call for a professional cockroach exterminator in Chapel Hill before the matter gets out of hand.
How Can I Stop Cockroaches Invading Again?
There are some preventative measures you can take yourself to ensure your home is safe from another cockroach infestation:
- Seal any cracks around your property
- Remove sources of leaking water
- Don’t overwater houseplants
- Remove any other puddles of standing water
- Keep the front lawn and backyard clean
- Wipe the stove regularly after each cooking
At Scott’s Turf & Pest Services we proudly serve the following areas: Buckhorn, Burlington, Bynum, Durham, Efland, Eli Whitney, Fearrington, Graham, Haw River, Hawfields, Hillsborough, Mandale, Mebane, Miles, Pittsboro, Saxapahaw, Sweponsville, and Wilsonville.
Contact Our Professional Cockroach Exterminators in Chapel Hill!
We can provide professional services to not only rid your house of any existing infestation, but ensure it does not happen again in the future. Call us today at 919-923-2361 to schedule an appointment or fill out the form below!