Pest Removal Services for Your Home
Effective pest removal services are used to handle cockroaches, bed bugs, fleas, black ants, rats, mice, moths, houseflies, etc.
Creepy crawlers and things that squeak in the night are the worst nightmare to most homeowners. Luckily for us but not for them, there are certain ways to get rid of pests and prevent another infestation in our homes.
According to the Department of Health, pests are all insects and animals that may carry disease, damage stored food, attack and eat cereal crops and vegetables, damage clothing, bite people, damage buildings, and eat or attack farm and station animals.
Here’s everything you need to know about kicking pests out of your home.
How Do You Get Rid of Wasps in the Attic?
You can buy a wasp spray and use it to spray wasps and nests in your attic. This wasp removal method will kill them in around 24 hours. Bomb-style wasp poisons are a better choice if the wasp nest is on the floor of your attic.
If you want to try a natural way to remove wasps, try spraying soapy water or peppermint oil solution on infested areas.
How to Rid Your House of Fleas?
You can use aerosol sprays to get rid of fleas, or try some of the following home remedies:
- Dish soap – fill a bowl or plate with warm water and dish soap and put it in the designated room, preferably at night. The solution’s high viscosity will trap the fleas like a glue.
- Herbal flea spray – make a solution from 2 liters of water, 4 liters of vinegar, 250 ml of witch hazel, and 500 ml of lemon juice and transfer it into a spray bottle. Spray the herbal solution on washed and vacuumed areas such as carpets, bedding, cushions, furniture, window sills, pet bedding, and floors.
- Salt – salt dehydrates adult fleas, so sprinkle some salt all over the carpets in your home and let it stay for one or two days before vacuuming.
- Baking soda – sprinkle baking soda on your furniture and carpets and rub it into the fabric using a hard brush. Then, vacuum thoroughly.
- Lemon spray – boil some lemon juice and water and allow the solution to stay overnight. Transfer it into a spray bottle and spray it on sofas, chairs, pet bedding, and other infested areas.
The products used by Scott’s Turf and Pest Services are safer and better products than the general public can purchase. When used and applied by a licensed or certified pest control specialist the job is 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed.
How to Get Rid of Roaches?
The first thing to do to prevent and get rid of these nasty critters is to remove everything that attracts them. This includes food sources, water sources, and potential hiding locations.
So, make sure you clean your kitchen appliances, empty and clean cabinets, store food in sealed containers, clean the kitchen every night before going to bed, empty pet food containers or cover them tightly overnight, throw out the trash every night, and clean the floors regularly.
Also, dry all tubs, skinks, and showers, and place pet waste dishes outside overnight. To eliminate their hiding places, use a caulking gun to seal crack and crevices, close holes around pipes, ensure doorframes and windows are gap-free, etc.
The next step is to use professional-grade products, sprays, and baits to kill roaches. Call Scott’s Turf and Pest Services at 919-923-2361 to talk to a Pest Specialist.
Pest Removal Services: How to Remove Bees from Your House?
We know that bees are important for our planet, but no one likes having them in their own home due to the risk of potential bites, allergies, and damage to wooden structures.
So, here a few bee removal methods which work for ground bees:
- Soda – cut a soda can or bottle in half and fill it with a sweet liquid like soda. Put it somewhere where bees usually occur. The sweet liquid will attract them, so when they come to drink they will drown.
- Moth balls – bees can’t stand the smell of moth balls, so hang them around your house and yard to keep them away.
- Vinegar – mix equal amounts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle and apply it around plants where they usually occur or on the nest when they are sleeping. This will kill them.
- Cinnamon – sprinkle some cinnamon powder around bees hive every day for a week to deter them away from your house. This won’t kill them but force them to relocate.
- Plants – keep mint, citronella, or eucalyptus plants around your house to keep bees away from your home.
Call in a pest removal service professional – in case you find nests in the ground, the siding of your house, and other tricky and hard-to-reach places.
Need Professional Pest Removal Services Today?
Call Scott’s Turf and Pest Services to remove any aggravating pests right away.
What Kills Bees Instantly?
Who Do You Call to Get Rid of Bees and How Much Does It Cost?
If you don’t want to bother removing bees from your house on your own, search for “pest removal near me” and call Scott’s Turf and Pest Services at 919-923-2361 for pricing.
Does Homeowner Insurance Cover Bee Removal?
No, homeowner insurance usually doesn’t cover bee removal or damage from a bee infestation, WRAL reports.
What Pests Can Make You Hear Scratching in Your Walls?
If you hear noises mostly at night or when the sun has set and everything’s calmer in the house, you could be dealing with rats or mice as these are nocturnal pests. But, if you’re hearing scratching during the day, you’re most likely dealing with squirrels.
What About Rats in the Attic – Are They Dangerous?
Rats in the attic can be dangerous for your family and pet’s health as they can bring contamination, bites, and disease-causing ticks and fleas. They can also cause material or structural damage to your house as they tend to chew almost everything.
So, if you notice scratching sounds from the attic at night, droppings that look like rice, and small tooth imprints and bite marks, you better call a pest removal services professional to get rid of them soon.
How to Get Rid of Rats or Mice in the Walls?
You can place snap traps along the bottom edges of the affected walls. Put the traps against areas that can serve as passageways for rats and mice with the food-baited ends facing the wall.
The idea is to get them out of your walls, so don’t use poison as they could die inside your walls and cause an even bigger and smellier problem.
Or, you can hire a rat exterminator that will take care of the problem efficiently.
Other Animals in Your Attic
Scampering or scurrying noises coming from the attic can mean there are rodents, raccoons, squirrels or other animals. These animals can chew through your wiring and cause a fire, or even worse, carry a disease. So, getting rid of them is best for your family and home.
Animal Pest Removal
How to Get Rid of Squirrels?
There’s no scent that squirrels can’t stand, so if you want them out of your attic, you’ll have to trap them and remove them. Also, make sure you seal any possible entry points for them so that they can’t return.
How to Get Rid of Raccoons?
Raccoons are common animals that tend to break into homes and attics looking for food and shelter. If you have one in your attic, it’s probably a female raccoon that seeks out a safe place to have her babies.
Just like squirrels, raccoons are not repelled by any smell, so the best raccoon removal method is to trap them and relocate them. Once you remove them, seal any entry points and check for baby raccoons. Also, don’t forget to clean the attic to eliminate the scent that may attract other
Do Exterminators Kill Animals?
Yes, exterminators use insecticides and poisons that kill the offenders such as mice, insects, and rats. A more humane option to deal with raccoons, squirrels, bats, rats, mice, and other larger animals is hiring a wildlife control professional.
The Top Local Pest Removal Services
The safest and most efficient way to get rid of any pest is to call the pest removal services experts at Scott’s Turf and Pest Services at 919-923-2361. Make a Google search for a “pest removal near me” and see our great reviews.
If you live in Durham, Chapel Hill, Hillsborough, Mebane or surrounding areas, contact Scott’s Turf and Pest Services for all your local pest control, bed bug exterminator, and pest exterminator needs.
Call us at 919-923-2361.